Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday!

Today was a bright and early start for everyone and I personally think it was totally worth it! We went to volunteer with GLIDE serving breakfast and it was just awesome! When we had made it to the building there was people already waiting outside in a line to get food. As we walked past, the people smiled and thanked us for coming in and volunteering. Once we had made it into the building I got to be part of the tray-making team (I added sugar packets to each of the trays...) and got to get to know some of the other volunteers. This was really cool because both the guys that I talked to the most had been regular volunteers. One of the guys had mentioned that he works two jobs but on his days off he makes time to come in and work with GLIDE which was really inspirational. While making the trays we were moving SOOOO fast it was hard to keep up at times. To be honest I'm not even sure how many breakfasts we put together, just because I was so concentrated on getting the trays out to people, but I do know that we helped a lot of people (which is wonderful). The whole experience was super breathtaking and I can't wait to go back!

I think working with GLIDE today was my favorite activity out of all the activities we did today. Though, getting to walk around downtown working with the San Francisco Suicide Prevention Center and meeting one of the Sisters of Indulgence was pretty was pretty jaw-dropping as well. The more I am here and the more people that I meet the more inspired I become. It's astonishing how much people do and how big of a difference they are making in this world. Everyone just has beautiful hearts, including this city. I can't wait to see what is to come tomorrow!!! -Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment