Monday, March 25, 2013

Hello!
Today was a very go go day. We started our day going to the mission district where we got the opportunity to walk around and explore. I decided to get a haircut! I cut almost all of my hair off..which was scary at first--but I love it. 
Starting at four, the group started preparing for the march4equality. Doing the march was a very emotional and positive experience for me. Seeing all these people come together to stand up for equality was amazing. There was so much love. There were two particular women that really stood out to me during the march. They each were carrying a sign that had an arrow pointing to each other and each sign said 'I want to marry her'. This honestly brought tears to my eyes. 
I'm really glad that I got the opportunity to partake in this march. It really pushed me outside of my comfort zone & challenged me--which is what I know I need to help me grow as a person. I'm excited to see what the rest of the week holds for us and what God has planned. 
-Maris Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment